Hi! Please read carefully the following materials, it is essential that you understand what you are signing up to in order to not waste time and money (for both you and us!)
- Terms and Conditions: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gimvbLzb4SADw6oQ_ZXVIVnBRLw-Za3f/view?usp=sharing
- IFMSA description of the exchanges: https://ifmsa.org/introduction-to-ifmsa-exchanges/
- Moroccco: http://exchange.ifmsa.org/exchange/scope/explore/conditions/view/100
- Thailand: http://exchange.ifmsa.org/exchange/scope/explore/conditions/view/89
- Denmark: http://exchange.ifmsa.org/exchange/score/explore/conditions/view/52
- Brazil DENEM: http://exchange.ifmsa.org/exchange/score/explore/conditions/view/38
Other important information:
- On December 17th you will have to either accept one of the available destinations or refuse, in which case you will be cancelled from the list. Before that day you should talk to your family about this and know in advance whether all 4 destinations are fine for you and them or whether some are not; in the latter case DON’T ACCEPT THEM in the first place
- The schedule for the next month is quite strict; we will write everything on facebook and by email, PLEASE follow our deadlines or you will be excluded
- If you have any problem or doubt, come to us before doing something wrong. We are very happy to help, just send emails to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com or look for any of use around (Massimiliano Marinoni 4th year, Alessandro Tarditi 6th year, Carlo Montagna 3rd year, Ilaria Santori 3rd year, Matilde Contu 3rd year and Francesca Foglio 3rd year)
- REFUNDS: we will refund you with part of the 300 euros if we are able to find another student accepting the exchange after you cancel it, otherwise you won’t be refunded (we’re not cruel, we can literally go bankrupt without the money because we have to use that to host the incoming students in September); of course should something major occur the refund will follow different rules
ALL RULES AND DESCRIPTION OF EACH STEP CAN BE FOUND IN THE “REGOLAMENTO DI CONCORSO CAMPAGNA SCAMBI”; FOR LEGAL REASONS IT IS IN ITALIAN, IN THE NEXT PAGE YOU WILL FIND A SUMMARY IN ENGLISH OF THE LOCAL BANDO BUT PLEASE GO THROUGH THE REGOLAMENTO WITH ONE OF YOUR ITALIAN FRIENDS OR WITH ANY OF US (SEND US A MESSAGE THROUGH THE FACEBOOK PAGE)
The following is a summary and translation of the official Bando; it is not a call by itself and has no legal value by itself.
Art.1: there are 2 profession exchanges and 2 research exchanges; subscriptions open on 19/11/2018
Art.2: you have to read the “regolamento campagna scambi”
Art.3: you have to send us the list of the exams you did by 24/11/2018 (you can download them from Myportal); on the 27th at 6 pm we have the written test, followed by the oral part on the 30th at 6 pm and the 1st at 10 am. The test is in English
Art.4: the final list will be produced based on: up to 60 points from the English test, up to 5 points for exams, up to 5 points for people who were active in SISM last year, the weighted average (directly added to the total score), up to 2 points for publications during you time at Hunimed. The points for exams are given as follow: 1 if you passed The cells: molecules and processes, BaW 1, AND BaW2; 1 if you passed BB, BA, BaW1, AND BaW2; 1 if you passed BaW1, BaW2, AND Head and Neck; 0,5 if you passed MoD; 0,5 if you passed Systems 1; 0,5 if you passed Systems 2; and 0,5 if you passed Systems 3. Within the 13th of December you will find the definitive list on the website www.milanohunimed.sism.org and you have 72 hours to tell us if something is wrong.
Art.5: we will all meet on 17th of December at 18:30 at the Campus for the choice of the destination.
Art.6: you have to pay 10 euros to participate in the campaign, to be given cash at the time of the written test; if you win a spot you have to pay 300 euros (230 for the local group and 70 for the National SISM) to our bank account within the 21st December, sending the PDF receipt and the signed module we will give you on the 17th to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Art.7: in case of cancellation, the refund of the national part (70 euros) follows specific rules you can find on the “regolamento concorso campagna scambi”. The local part (230 euros) is refunded only if we are able to assign the destination to another student and only once he has accepted and paid his fee; if you cancel within 16th of January and we can reassign the destination you can get all 230 euros back, if you cancel within 15th of February and we can reassign you get 184 (80%) back, after the 15th of February you have no refund; also, if you don’t send us the official form for cancellation to the email addresses written above within 3 days from the time you tell us that you want to cancel you can’t receive any refund. Serious cases are excepted from these rules and are always guaranteed a full refund: if the minimum requirements of the SCOPE and SCORE regulations are not met, if you receive the Card of Acceptance with a delay bigger than 45 days, in case of death of a parent, brother, sister, husband/wife, or child with the due documentation; if you are ill with a prognosis longer than 30 days with the due documentation. If you can’t leave and it’s not your fault we will evaluate case by case.